Sunday, August 17, 2008

Happy, Healthy Dad

I made it my task to feed Dad healthy meals out of our garden everyday this week while mom was out of town. (In actuality I do that most nights these days since mom has been on kitchen strike...because she can.)And it was a success I think:

Monday

Sauteed chard/shallot and new potato/zuchinni/shallot fritatas
Fresh sliced tomatoes/basil/balsamic vinagre
Whole wheat baguette

Tuesday

Cheese Ravioli
Sauteed mini zuchinni,sliced cherry tomatoe sauce

Wed

Grilled pork chops
Savory Blueberry/Balsamic vinagre Sauce
Whole wheat pasta
Fresh green beans

Thursday

Fresh Haddock broiled (just caught by one of dad's patients, really nice fillets)
Beschamel sauce
roasted baby potatos
Brocoli

Friday

Dad took me to what he likes to call, OB-KB's (code for Quedoba's...obviously)

Saturday

After a really hard run, Dad Margie and I went to culvers where dad was hoping for the grilled pork loin sandwhich. But was forced to get a burger, and further forced by me to make it a single, not a double. He thanked me later.

Saturday (Round 2)

Fresh tomato/basil sandwhich (he was hungry after that single)

Sunday

Egg Plant Parmesean

All in all I think I did a pretty good job

1 comment:

Phil and roxy said...

will you come be our cook